Our Little World

Friday, February 19, 2010

"Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep"

Last night KARK ran a story about Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep, a non-profit organization that administers a network of more than 7,000 volunteer photographers in the United States and 25 countries. At a family's request, a NILMDTS Affiliated Photographer will come to the hospital or hospice location and conduct a sensitive and private portrait session. The portraits are then professionally retouched and presented to the families on an archival DVD or CD that can be used to print portraits of their cherished baby that has been lost.

In June of 2009, some very dear friends of ours, Sarah and Taylor Adams, lost their precious baby Mamie. Sarah's best friend, Crystal Goss, was at the Adams' side, armed with her camera, and caught amazing images of their sweet baby girl. Sarah tells everyone that those pictures mean more than the world to her...and now she wants to pay it forward. In memory of her sweet baby girl, Sarah has decided to become a photographer for the NILMDTS organization. The strength of that woman never, ever ceases to amaze me.

I wanted to share the news story with you all--as I am so proud of my friend. She is such an amazing person! Again, the strength and will power she has truly amazes me!

Click link below to see the story that ran last night.

"Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep"

2 comments:

Amanda said...

WOW. What an incredible thing that she is doing. Mamie is a little angel giving her mama all that strength. I hope they are doing well.

Moogie P said...

This is genuinely remarkable. The film clip blows me away every time I see it.